the Urgent Medication Fund
by clicking here >
Dear Biddeford Free Clinic Patients:
After twenty-two years of providing free medical care and medications to people without health insurance, the Biddeford Free Clinic permanently closed on September 30, 2015. This was not an easy or simple decision, but the past year and a half the number of patients who needed our care decreased. For the past few months, we have been only open one night a week, and still our patient census does not justify our continuing. Therefore, at it's meeting on June 11, 2015, the Board of the Clinic decided to close the Clinic which I believe was a very sensible decision.
At this time our primary concern is that each of out patients continue to receive top notch medical care. We are contacting each patient and suggesting for care:
- Southern Maine Health Care will accept patients without health insurance.Completion of the SMHC Financial Questionnaire is required. Call Kim Seavy, the SMHC point person for physician care, at 866-436-6168. SMHC physician practices are located in Biddeford, Saco, OOB, Kennebunk, and Sanford. Brand name medications may be available through the MedAccess Program…call 294-8141.
- Nasson Health Care in Springvale on Oak Street…490-6900… accepts patients with and without insurance, MaineCare and Medicare. A finical form is required. Nasson offers the services of a physician, nurse practitioner, dentist and mental health counselor.
- CarePartners in York County offers health care for uninsured patients…call Meghan McAvoy for further information at 490-7962.
- Leavitt's Mill Health Center at 63 Main Street in Buxton, ME 04093…929-6455…is a community health center for people with no health insurance. Patsy Leavitt, NP, Executive Director is the contact person.
- York Hospital Financial Assistance at 15 Hospital Drive in York, ME 03909 provides medical care for patients without health insurance.
York Hospital Financial Assistance Form is required. For assistance or concerns call:
Last Name (A-K) 351-2389 Last name (L-Z) 351-2398
- If you are under 65 and looking for health insurance coverage Open Enrollment into the Marketplace plan through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) begins November 1st 2015.
For further information, go to: www.enroll207.com
You can also contact your local York County health navigators for the ACA: Robin Bibber at 459-2989 or Celyn Reed at 608-4466
We are pleased to have provided our patients with medical care and medications. We advise uninsured patients to follow through with choosing one of the available listed options for the continuance of their heath care.
Very truly yours,
Francis J. Kleenman, M.D.
Joan M. Gordon