Biddeford Area Resource List
-Bon Appétit Meal Program
Congregational Church 19 Crescent St., Biddeford
-Free evening meals
Monday - Friday 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
-Community Meal Program
Most Holy Trinity Church
Main St., Saco
-Free evening meal
Mondays & Thursdays: 4:00 -6:30 p.m.
-Department of Health & Human Services: DHHS
208 Graham St., Biddeford
(behind Burger King)
-Apply for Food Stamps, TANF & other programs.
-Friends of Community Action Food Pantry
162 Elm St., Biddeford
207-282-4771 Pantry for Biddeford residents only:
Open Tues, Wed., Thurs., 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
-Must receive Food Stamps, Maine Care or Medicaid
-Eat Well Program
Univ. of Maine Cooperative Extension, York County Extension Office Springvale, ME
207-324-2814 or 1-800-287-1535
Open: Mon. - Fri., 8:00-4:30 p.m.
-For those eligible to receive food stamps: education in cooking, budgeting and planning meals. Choice of one-on-one visits in your home, small group classes or Eat Well by Mail Course
-Jean Davis Memorial Food Pantry
United Methodist Church, Corner of Fountain and Washington Ave., OOB.
Open Mon. & Wed., 9:00 -11:00 207-934-5553
-Monthly pantry serving OOB residents only. Must show proof of residence and Social Security card.
-Saco Food Pantry
67 Ocean Park Rd., Saco
Mon. - Friday 9: - 11:00 a.m.
-Must show proof of Saco residence.
2 Sixth St., OOB
Emergency and monthly food pantry.
Mon. - Tues, Thurs, Fri. l:00-3:00 p.m.
Tues, Fri.: 11:30 lunch.
-No residential requirements. Have winter coats in late fall.
-Seeds of Hope Neighborhood Center
35 South Street, Biddeford 207-283-1783
Open Tues.-Fri, 9 am - 1 pm
No residential requirements. Small amount of food/non-food items for emergency situations [Also has job resource center]
-In a Pinch: non-food pantry
35 South St., Biddeford
-Monthly non-food pantry for Biddeford residents.
2nd & 4th Tuesday of month, 4 - 7 pm.
Stone Soup Food Pantry
316 Main St., Biddeford
Weekly pantry with breads & produce.
Mon. & Wed. 10 - 11:30 am
Open for coffee at 7:30 am.
-No residential restrictions Clothing Closet and wish list for household items and furniture.
Employment & Job Hunting Assistance
-Springvale Career Center
9 Bodwell Court
Springvale, ME 04083
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Full service Career Center operated by Maine Department of Labor. Access to computers, job search workshops, one-on-one employment counseling, retraining opportunities.
-Workforce Solutions Center
Park 111 407 Alfred Rd., Suite 102
Biddeford, ME 04005.
Mon-Thurs. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
-Offering employment and training services. Federal funded retraining programs for dislocated workers and low income individuals.
-Seeds of Hope Neighborhood Center
35 South Street, Biddeford
Tues. and Fri. 9:00 am-1:00 pm
-Center is staffed by a volunteer dedicated to assisting Biddeford residents through a HUD/Biddeford Community Block Grant.
-Women Work and Community
University of Maine, Career Division, Saco Island
Mon.-Fri. 8:00 am-4:00 pm
-Not just for Women
-Career counseling and education, financial education, small business assistance.
Job Placement Services
-CoWorx Staffing Services
243 Main St., Saco
Park 111, 407 Alfred St., Suite 101, Biddeford
-Bonney Staffing Center
5 Washington Ave., 3rd Floor Biddeford
-Maine Staffing Services
483A Elm St., Biddeford 283-6528
-Adecco Employment Services
20 Free St., Portland
50 Donald B. Dean Dr., Suite 2 S. Portland
290 Congress St., Portland
-At Work Personnel Services
190 Riverside St., Portland
-Biddeford Free Clinic
189 Alfred St. 207-282-1138
Monday & Thursday, 6:00-9:00 pm
-Must have no medical insurance.
-Leavitt’s Mill Free Health Center
63 Main Street Bar Mills, ME 04004
- Free primary care to the uninsured and underinsured. All services by appointment only. You must become a patient of the health center in order to access services. Medical Clinics, Physical Therapy, Dental Hygiene, Medication assistance.
-Visiting Nurse Services
15 Industrial Park Saco, ME 04072
- Adult and new mother care
281 Main St. Biddeford, ME 04005
- GYN health care for women.
57 Barra Rd., Suite 3 Biddeford, ME 04005
- Takes MaineCare and has sliding fees for uninsured and underinsured.
Community Health Care
32 Patriot Lane Sanford, ME 04073
-Clinics offer medical, dental and mental health services to York County residents of all ages. Accepts: MaineCare, Medicare, private insurance and sliding scale for those with no insurance.
One Medical Center Drive Biddeford, ME 04005
- Apply for free or discounted medical services through the Patient Accounts Department.
-Mental Health Crisis Response
-Maine Poison Center
-Southern Maine Area
Agency on Aging
136 U.S. Route One Scarborough, ME 04074
TTY for hearing impaired: 207-882-0532
- For more than 35 years, the Southern Maine Agency on Aging (SMAA) has served as the area’s leading resource on information, programs and services to improve the well being of seniors living in Cumberland and York counties.
-PROP - Senior Volunteer Programs
510 Cumberland Ave., Portland, ME 04101
-Foster Grandparents Senior Companions: By joining the Senior Volunteer Program, volunteers (55+) can make a difference in someone’s life while having a great time and earning a little extra money
- The Senior Companion Program provides connection, individual attention, unhurried help and consistent support from a peer.
Most towns have an active recreation program for Seniors. Contact your local town’s Town Office for information.
For senior housing ask for a Sub-Housing Agency Listing or go to http://www.mainehousing.org/programs-services/rental/subsidized-housing
-Adult Protective Services
-If you feel a Senior is in danger or is being abused, please report your concerns to the Maine Adult Protective Services Department.
-York County Shelters
- Programs to assist with housing and temporary shelter.
-St. Andre’s Home
283 Elm St., Biddeford
- Residential and educational services for single mothers and pregnant teens.
965 Main St. Sanford, ME 04073
207-490-3227, ext. 111
- A safe place, someone to talk with or to find support during or after domestic abuse or violence.
-Maine Way Transitional Home
Call for interview 207-282-2003
-For single adults to transition from homeless to independence
-Crossroads for Women
Suite 201 66 Pearl St. Portland, ME 04101
- Help for women recovering from substance abuse. Residential.
-Online Rental Listing Service
-Free for both landlords/ renters
-York Housing Home Share
-Helps match homeowners with people looking for a place to live.
Kami Mace: 207-363-8444
-Subsidized Housing Agencies
-Call to ask about filling out an application.
-York County Shelters
-New England Baptist Council
-The Caleb Foundation
Children and Family
4 Washington St. Sanford, ME 04073-3031
-Offers assistance to families in search of child care.
-St. Louis Child Development Center
229 Pool St. Biddeford, ME 04005
207-282-3790, Fax: 284-7317
Mon.-Fri., 6:30 am - 5:30 pm
-Affordable quality child care/school readiness skills. Vouchers accepted.
6 Spruce Street Sanford, ME 04072
-Offers programs to fathers and father figures in the Biddeford area and York County. 1-1 mentoring, support groups, skills classes and workshops.
Jeff Hodgdon, Community Educaton- 207-459-2917
Brian Clark, Program Manager- 207-459-2976
-Joyful Harvest N.C.
32-34 Water St.
Biddeford, ME 04005
-Free after school programs.
-Limited clothing and school supplies pantry
-Child Protective Hotline
- Staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
321 Elm St. Biddeford, ME 04005
- Nutrition education, breastfeeding support. Coupons for nutritious foods.
-Parent Resource Center
- Information and referral services.
-Alliance for Healthy Families
15 Daigle Lane Sanford, ME 04073
- Prenatal support to age 5 for first time parents.
-Southern Maine Parent Awareness
886 Main St., Suite 303 Sanford, ME 04073
- Helps families expand opportunities and enhance quality of life of their children and young adults with disabilities.
-Child Abuse Prevention Council
62 Portland Rd, Suite 15 Kennebunk, ME 04043
-Community based nonprofit organization committed to the prevention of child abuse and neglect in all its forms.
-Head Start Biddeford
2 Stone St., PO Box 1964 Biddeford, ME 04005
207- 284-4869, ext 3
- School Readiness
-Open Hands Open Hearts
67 Ocean Park Rd. Saco, ME 04072
- Children’s clothing and birthday gifts.
Mon.-Fri., 9:30-11:30 am
Winter or Financial Assistance
-York County Community Action
321 Elm St., 283-2402
6 Spruce St., 324-5762
Community Outreach: Connects persons in need with community resources, provides information and referral, serve as advocates, look for funds that provide emergency assistance for shelter, utilities or heat.
Access to Justice: Legal Advocate provides information about legal system and helps with paperwork and procedures from court.
CA$H Campaign: Information on tax credits, free tax preparation, matched savings for education, homeownership, business startup, education and assistance with personal finance.
LIHEAP: Low Income Heat and Energy Assistance Program: heating fuel, electrical/phone.
2 Sixth St., Old Orchard Beach
Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri.
Seeds of Hope Neighborhood Center.
35 South Street Biddeford, ME 04005
-Center is open to permit guests to turn down heat at home. “Come join us for snacks, conversation.”
- Maine Housing’s Weatherization Program and Central Heating Improvement Program (CHIP) provide grants to low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs by improving home energy efficiency. Weatherization improvements may include insulation, weather-stripping, caulking and some safety-related repairs. CHIP grants may be used to repair or replace central heating systems.
-Dial 211 for a listing of health and social services that is updated regularly. You can call 211 toll free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.